Your views really do matter. All the comments received during this public consultation will be considered carefully by NHS County Durham and County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust before any further steps are taken – so now is the time to tell us what YOU think.
This public consultation is underpinned by a wide-ranging communications campaign to ensure that as many people as possible have the opportunity to learn about the proposals and comment. The consultation is being publicised through paid-for advertising in the local press and prominent media coverage. In addition, the majority of households served by County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust should receive a public summary version of the consultation document through the door from October 23 onwards.
Please note that the final date for receipt of responses is Monday January 12, 2009.
How you can respond:
- Complete and submit our online response form (now removed)
- Complete and return the response form in our public consultation document, or its public summary version, and send it to our FREEPOST address (no stamp required):
Seizing the Future Consultation
Unit G Lumley Close
Thirsk Industrial Park
- Email email@example.com
- Call our public consultation hotline on FREEPHONE 0800 121 4874
- Write to our FREEPOST address (see above)
- Attend one of our public meetings
- Visit one of our consultation roadshows
Request a presentation:
If your group or organisation would like a presentation on Seizing the Future at one of its meetings we will do our best to attend. Please call 01325 38100 ext 4131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A wide ranging programme of communications about this public consultation has been launched to ensure everyone with an interest in local hospital services will be able to get involved and have their say. The programme includes:
- a special four-page summary of this public consultation document in a paid for advert in the local free press and circulated to almost 167,000 homes
- 155,000 copies of the public summary circulated to GP surgeries, clinics and health centres, hospital reception areas, libraries, social care settings, partner organisations and voluntary bodies
- 1,000 copies of the full consultation document circulated to health and social care partners
- this dedicated consultation website at www.seizingthefuture.org.uk
- ongoing media coverage about the consultation
- public meetings and roadshows at venues throughout County Durham and Darlington
- presentations to community and other interested groups
- special events and briefings for staff and stakeholders.